- defines the detailed steps it will take to reach each of your goals
- helps your Green Team think through the details, identify needed resources, and anticipate risks
- provides continuous guidance to the Green Team moving forward
- helps ensure that goals are met, budget is managed, and resources are used appropriately
- allows you to assess progress along the way
- reduces uncertainties
Your action plan should include several main components: tasks, responsibilities, milestones, deliverables, and resources. It should also encompass all of the types of tasks your Green Team will need to implement such as installing measures or technologies, tracking metrics, communicating progress, engaging employees, managing risks, and overall program administration.
Developing an Action Plan: Task by Task
- Create a detailed work plan based on your scope statement and goal worksheets.
- Create your budget.
- Identify other necessary resources.
Tools and Considerations